Friday, November 30, 2007

Josh Ritter

Ah, almost forgot...November 9th Josh Ritter completed the U.S. leg of his tour at Webster Hall. This was a sold-out show, and it was packed. PACKED.

Anyway, the show was good...I know my friends who were new to him loved it...I just didn't love it. And I really wanted to. I know I'm spoiled having seen him in the most intimate of concert venues over the past 6+ years, but I'll own up to that. So, although Josh is one of my favorite singer/songwriters, and I'm so proud and happy for him, I think from now on I'll stick to the smaller, more intimate venues in which I hope he'll continue to perform, or go visit my sister in North Carolina and catch him there.

----------------

If you're in the NYC-area, I can recommend one play on Broadway that is one of the best plays I've seen in a long, long time. "August: Osage County" is amazing, and now that Broadway is back from the strike, you too can catch this incredible Chicago-based cast in Tracy Lett's newest foray into a fucked-up family that each audience member can empathize with (that's right, I cussed, and so will you after you see it!).

So, I hope some of you can make it, and let me know if you do!

UPDATE: Charles Isherwood just gave "August" a stellar review in the New York Times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes, come see me in North Carolina!

Anonymous said...

Dude. How did I not know you had a blog?!